Show off your love for felines with a simple kitty quilt block! Whether you’re looking for a fast gift or really want to proclaim your love of cats in a quilt, this block is so fun and is perfect for scraps!
Materials for One Mini Meow Block:
From purple print scraps, cut:
- 6 — 2-1/2″ squares
From black print scraps, cut:
- 2 — 2-1/2″ squares
- 2 — — 2″ squares
Assemble One Mini Meow Block:
1. Mark a diagonal line on two purple 2-1/2″ squares.
2. Sew one marked purple print and one black print 2-1/2″ square together on the diagonal line. Trim 1/4″ and press toward the black print to make a triangle-square. Repeat with second marked purple and black print 2-1/2″ squares.
3. Sew together triangle-squares, and remaining 2-1/2″ squares together in pairs, pressing seams in opposite directions. Pay attention to the position of the purple print in the triangle-squares to make sure they’re forming cat ears.
4. Sew together pairs, pressing seams toward the bottom.
5. Mark a diagonal line on both black 2″ squares.
6. Sew 2″ squares to bottom corners of the block on the diagonal line (note direction of diagonal line). Trim to 1/4″ and press toward black print to complete Mini Meow block. The block should be 4-1/2×6-1/2″ including seam allowances.
Make as many blocks as you want! I finished some single Mini Meow blocks to make mug rugs for friends.
I also sewed nine together with 2-1/2″ sashing strips and borders to make a wall hanging.
Thanks for joining me for “happy hour,”
Did you make a Mini Meow project? Share pictures with me on Instagram @lindsmayland or using the hashtag #MiniMeowQuilt!