I’m so very exciting to be hosting a blog hop for one of my new free patterns — Charming Mini. (You can find the pattern here.) I asked some Instagram friends to sew along and share their version this week, and they did beautiful things with this easy and versatile pattern!
Here was the blog hop schedule:
December 5: Lindsay Mayland of Happy Hour Stitches
- See my versions above and at the end of this blog post! And find the free pattern here.
December 6: Tracie Henkel of Riceford Streams
- Tracie made 16 blocks and framed them with beautiful brown velvet for a pillow cover. I love the offset blocks in the pillow front, the striped binding, and the sweet florals!
December 7: Vanessa Lynch of Punkin Patterns
- I love Vanessa’s bright and beachy mini! She made 16 blocks, and I love the way her centers are light and the outsides of her squares are scrappy. It creates such an interesting design!
December 8: HollyAnne Knight of String and Story
- HollyAnne used one of my favorite color palettes in her mini (I love that pop of yellow and metallic!). Her quilt has beautiful quilting, and she also did an interview with me over on her blog.
December 9: Sheila Sinclair Snyder of License to Quilt
- Sheila made a sweet doll crib. I love how she offset the blocks with cute bunny fabric rectangles (then you don’t have to align your seams and it’s an easy way to make it larger without more piecing!).
December 10: Pat Sloan
- Pat’s red-and-white mini is perfect for the holidays! I love how she added a skinny mini border to make her block centers pop. As an amazing education, her blog post offers tips for working with small fabric pieces!
Story of this pattern:
I’m a collector of mini charm squares — they’re just so cute! But I was having a hard time finding patterns to use them in, especially without adding too much extra yardage. Two years ago for Christmas, I made the goal of using up all the charm squares I had and ended up making this pattern for every person in my family. The quilts were a HUGE hit and were so easy to make. A few months ago, my mom expressed interest in making herself another one. I decided to write it into a pattern for her, and now am excited to share it with my followers, too!
Why I love this pattern:
It’s so versatile! Once you master the block, you can make it any size and in any colors. I’ve done it scrappy and with planned colors, and it looks great every time! Plus, it’s fast to make, so you can switch them out by season and holiday. Below are a few examples of how I and my mom use the quilts! I’ve made it one block for coasters, four blocks for trivets, and larger for the holidays!
Will you sew along with us? Grab the free pattern here, and follow along with the blog hop to see everyone’s versions! And make sure to share with me on Facebook or Instagram, so I can see your Charming Mini!
Thanks for joining me for “happy hour,”