I discovered a lot of fun products this year — some were recommendations from friends, some were things I happened upon, and some were purchased out of necessity! Although it’s hard to pick only 10 favorites, these are some of the items from 2017 that I couldn’t live without! (Not all are quilting related, but they did greatly contribute to my happiness and productivity, so I could spent more time sewing!)
1. VicTsing Cool Mist Essential Oil Diffuser: In our home, we diffuse essential oils constantly! It makes our home smell good, affects our mood for the better, and helps with allergies and sicknesses! (My favorite combinations are lemongrass + orange for energy, lavender + peppermint for relaxation, and tea tree + eucalyptus to help you breathe).
2. Clearly Perfect Slotted Trimmers by New Leaf Stitches: I’m a big fan of triangle-squares, but not a huge fan of all the trimming and squaring up involved. This ruler makes it easy to trim any size triangle-square AND cuts off dog ears at the same time. (You can read my review here.)
3. BLACK+DECKER Grimebuster Powered Scrubber: I first discovered this product when I dislocated my shoulder and was having trouble cleaning during recovery. Technically, this is a battery-operated dish scrubber, but I use it to clean our sinks and tubs. It gets everything squeaky clean fast with no arm strain.
4. Sewline Water-Soluble Fabric Glue Pen: I started English paper-piecing this year and the glue pen makes my daily hexagons easy to whip up. I’ve also used it to baste applique and other fabric pieces in place when I’m too lazy to use pins.
5. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life: This book changed my life! It was a quick read and so inspiring. It really gave me a chance to look at my accomplishments, evaluate where I wanted to go, and take pride in myself.
6. Professional Garment Clothes Brush: I use this brush to clean all my quilts! It gets pet hair and fuzz off easily with no washing required and no damage to fabric. I also use it to clean our curtains and furniture! (Read my 2-minute hack for using this brush to clean your quilts here.)
7. Who Gives a Crap Tissues and Paper Towels: This company produces paper products that consume less water and are more forest-friendly, while also donating a portion of their money to help bring toilets around the world! I personally think these products are softer and more durable than what you buy at your local drug store! (Read my review of them here.)
8. Made for You Quilt Labels by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman: I made the goal in 2017 of labeling all my quilts. I discovered this fun fabric panel of quilt labels in a variety of styles and colors that I use for every quilt. The colors match any project and they make labeling fast!
9. Cameron’s Breakfast Blend Coffee: Cameron’s is a company that works directly with farmers to grow their coffee beans and produces both organic and fair trade blends. I like it for its smooth taste with no bitterness!
10. Soak Hand Cream, Fig: Soak is the company I buy my spray stash from, but they also have some hand creams that moisturize and smell amazing! (Perfect for when your hands are dry from touching all the fabric and thread.)
This page may contain affiliate links. Please review my disclosure for more info.
Thanks for joining me for “happy hour,”
What were your favorite finds from 2017? I’m always on the lookout for new products to try!