I love reading just as much as I love sewing! I’m combining my hobbies this entire year by making a bookmark a month (with a free pattern, of course!) and sharing my reading list! You can find my reading list at the end of the blog!
Knit fabric is perfect for summer sewing! It’s lightweight, and comes in so many fun prints! (Or you can recycle an old T-shirt!) I’m using Laguna Jersey Knits from Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
- 2 — 1.5 x 15″ rectangles of knit
Assemble the Bookmark:
1. Layer the two rectangles with right sides together.
2. Sew along both long sides with a zigzag stitch to make a tube. I used a stitch 2mm wide and 2mm long. (The reason you use a zigzag stitch is so the knit fabric can stretch and fit multiple book sizes.)
3. Turn the tube right side out.
4. Place one end of the tube inside the other end.
5. Sew the ends together with a zigzag stitch.
And here’s my reading list for June! (It was a slow reading month.)
This page may contain affiliate links. Please review my disclosure for more info.
Thanks for joining me for “happy hour”,
What books are you reading now? I’m always on the lookout for more to add to my reading list!