I discovered a lot of fun products this year — some were recommendations from friends, some were things I happened upon, and some were purchased out of necessity! Although it’s hard to pick only 10 favorites, these are some of the items from 2018 that I couldn’t live without! (Not all are quilting related, but they did greatly contribute to my happiness and productivity, so I could spent more time sewing!)
1. Yamazaki USA Inc. Decorative Ladder: I’ve been on the lookout for a good quilt ladder for a long time (and some are SO expensive!). I love that this one has six rungs, is easy to put together, and has rubber stoppers at the top so it doesn’t damage your wall! Now I can easily switch out my quilts in an attractive display.
2. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer: Since I turned 30 this year, I wanted to start better skin care habits! This moisturizer has evened out my skin tone, reduced dark spots and old acne scars, and leaves my skin feeling soft. Highly recommend!
3. Quilting Words Mug: If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, this mug is for you! (I own two!) It’s such a fun way to proudly display your love of quilting. (Note: it looks like Connection Threads doesn’t carry it in blue anymore, but they have other colors!)
4. Wool Crew Winter Socks: I originally bought these as a gift when my book club read The Little Book Of Hygge. I wear these socks everyday — they’re so warm and comfy! And they come in cute designs.
6. Bed Buddy Heat Wrap: I cant count all the times I’ve spent hunched over my sewing machine or cutting table and then have had sore muscles the next day. This heating pad (it can be made cold, too) is something I use to relieve aches every night, so that I can get back to sewing!
7. Kitchen Composter: Now that I have a large backyard, I can finally start composting! This bin holds 2 gallons of food scraps, closes tight for no smell, and can be put in the dishwasher! It makes it so handy to throw all my kitchen scraps into it, then carry it to my outdoor compost bin.
8. Scissor ring: I’m so picky about my jewelry, but fell in love with this stainless steel ring! I wear it daily and it’s really good quality! I get so many compliments and it’s a great conversation starter with quilters and non-quilters alike.
9. Jade roller: There’s a lot of conflicting research on whether or not jade rollers have health benefits. I bought this cheaper one just for fun and store it in my fridge. After I shower in the morning, I run the cool roller over my face and neck. It’s a relaxing daily massage and feels so good in hot summer months.
10. Apple TV: We’ve been using Apple TV for years, but when we had to buy another for a new TV, I was reminded how much I love it! We stream everything (movies, music, TV) through it and love that it connects all our accounts (Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, etc) for easy viewing.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please review my disclosure for more info.
Thanks for joining me for “happy hour,”
What were your favorite finds from 2018? I’m always on the lookout for new products to try!