I’m one year into the Ultimate Bucket List from American Patchwork & Quilting. Although this list was designed to be done in a year, I’m taking a more leisurely approach to the list. After the past year, I’ve crossed 29 items off the list (which is 58% complete). I’m excited to see what else I can cross off in the next year, especially since I’ve already done most of the items that were easy for me and in my comfort zone.
Out of the 50 items on the Bucket List, here are the ones I crossed off from August-December:
7. Sew accurately using foundation piecing. Foundation piecing was my “Give It a Month Challenge” for December.
12. Read the pattern completely before starting the project.
13. Submit a reader tip to our magazine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Take your handwork to a surprising location. My EPP traveled with me to Colorado and Wyoming this year.
16. Creatively piece your quilt backing. I love using my scraps from the quilt top to piece a fun back.
23. Meet your quilting hero (in person or online). I always have the pleasure of meeting some of my favorite people in the quilting industry at Quilt Market. I even got to interview Betsy Chutchian for the October issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.
31. Try English paper piecing.
35. Splurge on a quilting tool you’ve been eyeing. I finally got a standing ironing board with a new iron, and it’s been life-changing!
40. Learn a new embroidery stitch. I learned how to do a blanket stitch while working on my wool project!
43. Teach someone to sew. Although my mom already knew how to sew, I walked her through how to make a mini quilt!
44. Finish a UFO.
48. Make a ________ quilt. I made an improv quilt — something that I’ve been so curious about since I started quilting!
Download your Bucket List here and start crossing items off your list! I’ll blog periodically about items I’ve crossed off , and I’m happy to have you all for support — I hope you join me!
Thanks for joining me for “happy hour,”
If you participate, post your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #APQBucketList. I’ll be checking the hashtag to cheer everyone on!